With the days getting colder and parts of the Rocky Mountains getting covered by snow I thought it only fitting to start talking about comfort foods.
A mashed potato bar is one food trend I have always loved. Some might call them mashtinis and give their guests a grits option as well. Some might even have a theme to their mashed potato bar.
Whatever direction you decide to go make sure you give your guests lots of options for toppings! Throw in a few DIY signs and you have the perfect food bar for your wedding, party, or bridal shower.
A few toppings you might to consider are:
- Sour cream
The possibles are endless, just have some fun with it!
And because I love sharing recipes with you here’s an easy Roasted Garlic Mashed Potato recipe courtesy of The Neely’s!
Honestly, I’ve been waiting for the chance to make this one. Enjoy! 🙂
Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes
Serves 3-4, Total time 1 hour
- 1 head garlic
- Olive oil
- 2 pounds red potatoes, washed well and quartered
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Slice off the very top of the garlic head. Drizzle head with olive oil and wrap in foil. Place on a sheet tray and bake until tender and fragrant, roughly 35 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool. Remove the cloves and mash with a wooden spoon.
- Place potatoes in a large stockpot and cover with cold water. Add salt and bring to a boil. Cook until fork tender and drain. Mash the potatoes until smooth.
- Meanwhile heat butter and cream until butter melts. Add the roasted garlic and potatoes and mash all together.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.