Do you really have to explain anymore? This will get the Holiday season started right!
Hot Spiced Drunken Apple Cider
- 1/2 gallon apple cider
- 3/4 bottle of gewurztraminer (or other white wine which is not too dry)
- 4-5 sticks of cinnamon
- 4-5 cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 vanilla bean split lengthwise (or use 1 tbsp. vanilla extract)
- 3-4 tablespoons honey (depends on how sweet the wine you’re using)
- cup or so of fresh cranberrries (or 1 cup apples)
- Put the cider and all spices in a pot and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- When on low heat add the wine. Do not boil again so the alcohol won’t evaporate too much, just let it warm.
- Add the cranberries and simmer for a few more minutes until they color the liquid a bit.
Photo courtesy of countryliving.com